The economic crisis that is on the way after the pandemic of COVID-19 puts under pressure the deliverance of the SDGs. The FSDR highlights both immediate and longer-term actions, including arresting the backslide, to respond to the COVID-19 crisis. The report covers thematic proposals on following solutions:
- A globally coordinated stimulus package, including reversing the decline in aid and increased concessional finance.
- To stabilize financial markets by continuing to inject liquidity
- Partnering with the private sector: banks to roll over debt to SMEs and individuals that are cash strapped and promote sustainable investment.
- Building back better for sustainable development
- Digital technologies present tremendous potential for the SDGs, but COVID-19 has underlined challenges and risks
The full text of the report is available here: https://developmentfinance.un.org/sites/developmentfinance.un.org/files/FSDR_2020.pdf